Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Toshiba 40XV648 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz HD LCD TV Cinema Series for $699.00

Cheap Toshiba 40XV648 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz HD LCD TV Cinema Series Discount Review Shop



Six years ago I bought a 34 inch, 720p, Toshiba Cinema Series TV (which is a picture tube set!). It has been great, served me well, but now that the prices have come down so much, I thought it would be a good time to buy a new set. Considering how almost no programming is 1080p, I figured I'd go for a good deal on a 720p set, which everyone is trying to get rid of.

I bought a Panasonic X1 Viera 720p, 42 inch, plasma set from a local retailer. I got it home and felt the picture was good, but not better than my old Toshiba. Unfortunately (fortunately) it developed a hum/high pitched buzz. I took it back immediately and the sales person showed me this Toshiba XV648. It was a little bit more than I wanted to spend at first, because I was happy with my old set and was strictly looking for a bargain on a bigger, more contemporary set. He gave me a great deal on it and I could not be more pleased.

First off, don't invest in a 720p (unless you just absolutely can't afford this set). Even though the only 1080p programming right now is blu-ray, you will eventually get a blu-ray and you'd be missing out some on picture quality. This TV looks beautiful sitting in my room. The piano black case and the dark black of the screen make this very attractive. But the picture is what will blow you away! The Viera was good, but the LCD offers so much more brightness, contract, and crispness it really was no comparison. It is really easy to set up, easy to operate, and easy to configure. You can adjust the picture based on simple settings or very advanced fine tuning depending on your needs.

I am the type of person who likes to research and read reviews, and it was difficult to find any on this particular set because it's still quite new. Don't be deterred by some of the bad things you may have heard about Toshiba. Just like Sony Bravia, or Samsung, Toshiba makes a fair amount of cheap product out there to be sold in warehouse clubs and/or big box stores. If it says REGZA or Cinema Series, you should be just fine. For the money, I am convinced that there is not a better set out there. It really is an awesome picture and a refined design.

If there is a knock on it it would have to be the sound. It's not bad, mind you, for a flat panel. However, I have run through my amp 5.1 surround sound so its no big deal at all.

Available at Amazon

Cheap "Toshiba 40XV648 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz HD LCD TV Cinema Series" Discount Review Shop





"Toshiba 40XV648 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz HD LCD TV Cinema Series" Feature


  • ClearFrame 120Hz and Dynamic Backlight
  • 3 HDMI Inputs, Hi Res PC Input
  • Dynamic Backlight 3 HDMI Inputs
  • ClearFrame 120Hz
  • Hi Res PC Input AutoView



"Toshiba 40XV648 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz HD LCD TV Cinema Series" Overview


40-Inch Cinema Series 120Hz LCD TV











Available at Amazon

Cheap "Toshiba 40XV648 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz HD LCD TV Cinema Series" Discount Review Shop

"Toshiba 40XV648 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz HD LCD TV Cinema Series" Related Products


No comments:

Post a Comment